3 axis simultaneous measurement of seismic waveform or low frequency vibration
A new acceleration sensor mobile supports enhanced applications, including measurement of long-period ground motion and health monitoring of large structures.Features
- ■ High precision long period vibration measurement capability
Operation verification at low frequency 0.04 by AIST* has proven that HM-0013 can detect the long-ground motion accurately.
*AIST: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology.
- ■ High precision micro motion measurement capability
Because micro vibration up to 0.1 gal is measurable, it is also used for evaluation of floor vibration in addition to seismic monitoring.
- ■ Versatile monitoring functions
- Data loss recovery for power failure
- Recording for seismic motion must survive even power failure occurs.
To meet this need, HM-0013 carries the memory with no limitation on writing frequency which won’t be lost in power failure.
- RS485 Modbus communication
- In case of HM-0013 connected in series, power is provided by the host, up to 4 pcs connection within total 80 m is possible. By using power junction box between connections, it can extend the cable length and increase the number of connecting units. If the hardware owned by user supports Modbus communication, it can customize the system construction with provided data map by IMV.
- Synchronization designated line
- Synchronization in multi-point measurement is very important and HM-0013 is designed for those analysis is easily carried out. Complete synchronization is possible since the each unit secures designated line for synchronization. Synchronization for all measured data is secured with simultaneous AD conversion in each axis.
- Self-check function
- Operation check from HM-0013 internal sensor or output function. For example, it checks if the unit is correctly operated from remote place once in a day.
- Host loss recovery function
- After the condition is set and the measurement starts, even the connection to the host is shut down, single unit of HM-0013 continues the normal operation as long as the power is secured.
- Narrow dedicated cable
- Can be operated with external dimension φ 5 cable. Easy installation with smaller limitation (connector φ13)
- ■ Function to reduce installation work
- Protection grade IP67
- It is designed with a waterproof and dustproof protection and can be used outside safely.
- Impact resistance 1000G
- Having the high level impact resistance. The robust structure drastically reduce break accident in installation construction.
- Size has been significantly scaled down compared to a servo type acceleration sensor which had been generally used as a low frequency vibration measurement. Flexibility at installation site is improved.
- CE marking
- High security and noise resistance has passed Europe standard.
- ● Smart display unit TM-0013-HM
- HM-0013 units are connected up to four units and those high spec sensors can be operated with 7 inch touch panel. It carries a waveform measurement function with time reservation or a seismic measurement function, corresponding to mailing notification by Ethernet. (See page 6)
- ● USB converter UC-0013
- The device to convert to USB connector for connecting HM-0013 to PC or designated gateway
It has alarm relay / external trigger switch forcing HM-0013 to record the data.
- ● Designated gateway GW-0013
- It is a IoT unit capable of remote control and data collection. Measurement data can be viewed from any kind of terminal (PC or smartphone etc.) through internet connection browser by connecting to cloud server with 3G data communication or Ethernet.
- ● Power junction box RP-0013
- Located at middle of connection, cable extension and unit addition is possible.
- Connection cable length
To regard concreate structures such as building or public and infrastructures such as bridges or tunnels as person, just like health diagnosis, measuring condition of those structures is called structure health monitoring. One of various diagnosis method, health monitoring with vibrometers has been paid attention to evaluate deterioration of aging buildings or bridges.
Understand the scour of bridge pier (Japan MLIT, SIP project)
Joint study with Prof. Kawai from Osaka City University to conduct health monitoring of bridge. It is adopted as one of them in SIP (strategic innovation creation program) by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Research content
- To measure vibration or inclination of a bridge pier, understand the condition of score at lower part of foundation work.
*Scouring can be defined as a process due to which the particles of the soil or rock around the periphery of the abutment or pier of the highway bridge spanning over a water body, gets eroded. It may cause overturning of bridge pier or dike break, so need to be monitored by an inspector when it is big rain.
- Measurement scene. Vibration monitoring at Yoshino river in Shikoku area
This study is conducted by “SIP infrastructure management and technology” Council for Science, Technology and Innovation.
Health monitoring of building structure
- Research content
- Kumamoto great earthquake occurred in April 16th, 2016 was detected at IMV headquarter building. Taking advantage of high performance of HM-0013, the function which can smoothly evaluate post-earthquake damage is now developed.
Seismic intensity display
Post earthquake damage evaluation
This measurement is carried with Osaka city innovation creation support subsidy.
- Joint research
- Tokyo Denki University Executive vise president Mr. Satoshi Fujita
Nara Women’s University Faculty of Human Life and Environment Mr. Atsuo Takino
Wireless type. Under development. Linear technology. SmartMesh IP™ Plan to implement wireless network
Under development HM-5013 M-Stone can build solid wireless network with SmartMesh IP™. The more the number of measurement point is increased, the farther connection is possible, the system composition is very flexible.
*SmartMesh is a registered trademark of Linear Technology Corporation.
SmartMesh IP is a trademark of Linear Technology Corporation.
The contents are subject to change without notice .
- ・Auto-configuring mesh network (automatic recognition of additional terminals)
・Automatic clock synchronization (1ms)
・High connection reliability by channel scan (resistible for intervention）
・With the radio repeaters, the signal can cover longer distances without degradation and wrap around the obstacles.
・Access from gateway to cloud server with 3G network or LAN cable
・During internet connection, clock correction of gateway side from NTP server
・Carrying Lithium-ion secondary batteries in the measurement terminals and radio repeaters.
- ・ General purpose data logger for LET communication
・ Cloud logger LTE DLX-400
Real time monitoring of not only alarm acquisition, but also waveform data of HM-0013 at distant place with LTE high speed communication.
- MORITANI & CO., LTD.
- Seismic isolation evaluation system
Package system to easily acquire alarm or waveform data by locating a number of HM-0013 unites in the building.
To meet the demand for the customer who wish to measure constant micro motion at the site or curious about evaluation measurement of low frequency, we provide easier and more user-friendly product with the same sensor module is applied.
Broad motion sensor
Data logger made by Graphtec
Vibration analysis application
・VP-8013+GL900 only is OK at measurement site
・Transfer is possible with USB cable or LAN cable connection to PC beside of via USB memory.
・Power supply with AC adapter for temporary setting of VP-8013 and GL900
- Vibration analysis application display image
Velocity and displacement waveform is also convertible in addition to recorded acceleration waveform.
FFT analysis is possible with only minimum settings.
1/3 Octave analysis
Can compare VC curve which is an evaluation standard for floor vibration. (Larger than VC-C is only target due to sensor accuracy)
It is 2 axis tracking, useful for evaluation for the bridge pole and vibration direction considered judgement.
All of frequency, displacement, velocity and acceleration can be viewed in a single chart based on FFT result.
- ● Vibration switch (for low speed rotation machine)
We can provide the purpose customized seismoscope with the sensor built-in.
Ex. : long-period seismoscope , P/S waveform seismoscope,
vibration switch for low speed rotation machine
- ● Sensor module
If embedded module is required, further negotiation is possible. Please contact us.
External dimensions (Unit:mm)
|Item||High precision mode||High frequency mode||Note|
|Measurement axis||3 axis (X,Y,Z）||–|
|Frequency range||–100Hz||Sensor only 1000Hz|
|Acceleration accuracy||±0.5%FS（±0.1%FS）||±5.0%FS（±1.0%FS）||Standard (special)|
|Sensor noise density
|XY : 0.0001g / √Hz level /
Z : 0.0002 g / √Hz level
|XY : 0.0003 g / √Hz level /
Z : 0.0005 g / √Hz level
|0.1 Hz–100 Hz (Less than 0.00004 g /
√Hz between 1 Hz to 100 Hz）
|A/D resolution||24Bit||ΔΣ type|
|Communication||RS485 (Modbus）||Convertible in option|
|Time accuracy||5.0 ppm||Accurate with 13 seconds per month|
|Size (Mass)||90×70×40mm（Approx. 400g）||Excluding connectors etc.|
|Temperature output||Near temperature of sensor module|
|Daisy chain connection|
|Sensor self check||Sensor condition confirmation|
*The specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
|PC connection interface||microUSB connector||USB2.0|
|DC IN power voltage||DC4.5V ～ 9V||Designated AC adapter AC100V / 240V|
|Power supply||12V / 250mA||AC adapter in connection|
|Power supply||12V / 80mA||USB bus power in operation|
|Contact||1a 1ch||60V / 2.5A|
|Top button||External trigger pin interlocking||–|
|Sensor switch||Power ON / OFF for connecting HM||–|
|Ambient temperature||-10 ‒ +60℃||–|
|Size (Mass)||95×95×28.8mm||Excluding connectors etc.|
|Screen||7 inch touch panel||Resistive touch panel|
|LAN / Ethernet||100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T||AUTO-MDIX|
|USB||USB2.0 (Host) × 2||–|
|Media||SD card slot × 1||–|
|Screen output||HDMI connecter||As for monitor, further discussion needed.|
|Contact||1a 8ch||60V / 2.5A|
|Power supply||DC24V||Designated AC adapter AC100V / 240V|
|Ambient temperature||0 ‒ +40℃||–|
|Size (Mass)||284×210×65mm||Excluding connectors etc.|
|Function||Approx. 2500g||Only main unit|