The E+L Split Web Guiding concept was developed to take advantage of the cost savings using the low cost end rolls in the corrugating process. The end rolls are usually recycled in the paper plant, because they are undersized for standard width production. The concept of Split Web utilizes these undersized rolls as medium, liner or bottom liner web. The prerequisite for Split Web production is special machine equipment, such as special double mill roll stands, double web splicers and the E+L Split Web guiding system. The guiding system is based on a double tracking roller assembly for two seperated webs, and two seperated detection cameras. The positions of both split web outer edges are detected and stored in the control circuit. After the operator set the target gap between the two webs, the system automatically aligns the webs to match the target value. In case of full width production, the system can be switched to center guiding mode.
- Two small seperate webs are aligned together to one wider web
- The guiding mode is based on the construction of a two double tracking roller assembly for two seperate webs and two seperate detection cameras for a common detection
- Cost advantages due to the usage of rest rolls
- SplitWeb handles this unsuitable rolls as flute, inner and outer liner web
- Increased flexibility due to possible combinations of various paper rolls in parallel